Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time to Refresh & Renew the Vision


I love my job...I really do.  It's so much more than a career - I have the opportunity to impact lives every day through my work.  This is a tremendous privilege, but also a burden as I share the celebratory moments and the difficult ones with those whom we work with.  It's hard to "check your work at the door" and arrive home as if nothing significant took place that day. 

In fact, it's taken me years to learn how to vacation...sounds crazy doesn't it? 

I have just returned from spending a week at the beach with my family and can actually say that I'm refreshed, renewed, and ready to pursue the vision that we have for adoptive families, birth parents, and expectant parents.  It's easy to feel guilty on vacation - because somebody is waiting for something they need to proceed in their journey.  However, I've come to realize that God doesn't need me to do His work.  He's doing a great job on His own...of course!  He needs me to be able to take time out to take care of myself, strengthen my family, and be a better adoption professional when I return from a break.

So, here we go....starting a new chapter of 2011.  Even the blog has gotten a facelift!  I have a little catching up to do on blog posts and will be posting upcoming events and placement pictures in the near future.  Glad you're along with us for this ride, exciting things are to come!  Even when we can't see it, God is at work

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails