Tuesday, April 20, 2010

While I'm Waiting

Rachel Curley, Adoption Caseworker, is our guest blogger.  Rachel has several years of experience providing foster care for children in Thailand and now works directly with birth mothers and adoptive families pursuing both international and domestic adoption.

This morning, on my way to work, I heard a song I’ve heard many times before, but this morning for whatever reason it really struck a heart chord. The song was, While I’m Waiting by John Waller.  It seems in life, we are always waiting on something. Perhaps, it’s the money to buy a new car, or a promotion at work. Perhaps it’s waiting to get married, or to become parents, start school, or to graduate. Perhaps the waiting is for a job opening or a loved one to come to know the Lord. Yes, life is full of waiting. Why do we have to wait, sometimes so long that it hurts? Why does God allow us to wait? He, who holds the universe in His hands, certainly does not have to make us wait. He could answer our heart’s cries instantaneously, but so often He doesn’t. Could it be that God wants us to wait? And perhaps not just on something but on someone?

Isaiah 40:31 says, “Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength, they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.”

Could there be a purpose in the waiting...something he wants us to learn...something He wants us to do...something He wants to accomplish in us? Oh, for the grace to learn to wait in a way that daily I find my strength renewed. I desire to learn to exercise confidence in God’s perfect timing.

2 comments:

Kerri-NJ said...

Thanks for sharing Rachel, I too love this song, and can apply with so many different things that are happening in our lives. It's a good reminder to give it all to Him and allow Him to work in our lives, as "we wait".

Janelle said...

Oh My... As I read this blog the song came on the radio. How strange is that?! What a great reminder that we need to wait on Him!

Related Posts with Thumbnails