Monday, June 14, 2010

Prayer Changes Me

If you have lived a minute, you have heard someone rattle off "Prayer Changes Things"...usually when you're going through something difficult or dealing with a situation beyond your control.  Although there is no doubt that this statement is true, it is usually the last thing that we want to hear in that moment of desperation.

Prayer is a pillar of our adoption services at Family Life Services.  We often pray for our waiting adoptive families, birth parents, foster families, and adoptive families whom we have come to know and love over years of connecting with them on a regular basis.  In turn, we covet your prayers as Adoption Professionals who seek to serve each person in a kind, sensitive, and compassionate way.  We daily remind one another that God is in control of the whole process and He knows whatever is going on in our office that day.

I am overwhelmed with gratefulness today after receiving a definite answer to something that has been a matter of prayer for my husband and I for many months.  This has led me, not only to consider how prayer changed our situation, but how prayer changed me.  Prayer gave me peace, hope, and a confidence that I had done all I could physically and humanly do, yet I continued to actively bring the situation before God and beg Him to intervene on our behalf. 

For those of you who know me personally, you know that I tend to be an action-oriented, problem-solving individual who will go to great lengths to discover a solution and carry it through to completion.  I am naturally inclined to worry, fret, and lose sleep over something that I cannot resolve.  However, situations placed on me that are beyond my control demand that I surrender to the One who ultimately controls every aspect of my life and future.  I have found peace in embracing that truth like never before...

1 Thessalonians 5:17 urges us to "Pray without ceasing."  Would you mention our names when you pray?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails