Monday, January 3, 2011

How Will 2011 Be Different For You?


We are back in full-swing at Family Life Services and anticipating a great new year ahead!  Welcoming 2011 seems to bring with it an obligation to come up with wise or witty resolutions that will positively impact our lives in some way.  I've reflected on this a little over this last weekend and settled in my mind that I'm not much of a "resolution person". 

Sure, I want to lose weight, eat healthier, live within my budget, make every day count, blog more consistently and live like I'm dying but I don't necessarily feel the need to make some earth-shattering statement about it on facebook just because the date on the calendar has switched (I mean, don't we all need to know the New Year's Resolutions of the person who sat beside us in our high school Algebra class?!).

However, it is a great time to reflect on the year behind us and hope and dream about the one ahead of us.  That can be an overwhelming task for many of us as we're just happy to have made it.  If 2010 brought with it a host of struggles, disappointments, and hardship, it is possible to focus on the fact that you've made it through to begin a new year.

There is great peace in knowing that God knows what we've been through and He knows what lies ahead in the coming year.  Often I feel that I repeat one simple phrase to get me through the darkest of moments...

God knows.

We can walk boldly into the unknown of a new year because we have the Ultimate Companion, who will stick with us every step of the way and give us the strength, grace, and courage for each day.

Since I cannot change many of the circumstances that surround me, I have determined that I want to enter into this year less focused on my circumstances and more focused on my reactions to what comes my way.  Maybe I'm a "resolution person" after all?!  What resolutions have you made for 2011? 

Happy New Year,
Deanne

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails