Monday, February 14, 2011

A Perfect Love


Today is Valentine's Day and, although I'm very thankful to have the opportunity to celebrate love with my husband & family, I can't help but think about the perfect love and care of my heavenly Father. Matthew 6:25-30

I recently had the opportunity to listen in on a conversation between a birth mother and the adoptive family whom she chose to parent her daughter.  The conversation began with the usual updates, but quickly turned to things of the Lord as each expressed how God had been moving and working in their lives over the past couple of years to strengthen their faith.  This was the first opportunity either had really told the other how they felt God's direction in the adoption process and beyond. 

It was amazing to see how the Lord has been working simultaneously, in two families, in two separate states, to reveal many of the same things to each family about His purpose, His plan, and His power!  The conversation gave me chills and I was, once again, reminded of how the Lord loves us and how he cares about every detail of our lives.  There was example after example shared about how God had revealed something through a minute detail or a significant undertaking to these individuals along the journey to adoption.

I wonder how many things we miss in our daily lives around us when we're not looking for His hand in it all? 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails